Monday, July 23, 2012

Week Eight

Hello!

Week Eight was easy peasy and EXACTLY what I needed!  Our actually class for week eight was a bit different, in that we each had a specific review time slot where we reviewed our project with our professor.  It was a great opportunity to put out what we've already created, get feedback, and ask any questions.  While I was logged in just during my timeslot, a few my other classmates seemed to be present the entire time.  I did get in a few minutes early and was blown away by what some of my classmates have created so far - wowzaaaa!

 I have been bogged down trying to get my background template perfect in photoshop before I start actually building in Captivate - something I'm sure to regret within the next 3 weeks.  This is the same problem I have at work where I can't start the actual work on something until I have all the extras in play.  I don't know why that is, but I'm going to go with the excuse that it is in an effort to avoid have to change the entire layout at the end.  I will also credit this terrible tendency to the reinforcement I received in my Adobe sanctioned Captivate course, where our instructor created amazing graphics in Photoshop before importing them into Captivate.  He mentioned how he doesn't do a bit of work on a project until he has everything he needs from the client - this is my new approach.  So far this was worked out alright for me, but as my clients increase their turnaround time this may not be the best avenue for me to pursue.

So I've gotten not just my layout and custom buttons completed, but I've also made multi-functional buttons so when they are rolled over or clicked they have a different appearance.  This is the super-cool thing that has taken me weeks to do and I'm starting to wonder if they will even work since I don't have 5.5.  I guess we'll see, either way I now know how to change the hue/saturation to images within Photoshop - and here's a hint it doesn't work on jpeg but somehow on .pngs.  So as an earlier post states - I'M IN LOVE WITH .PNGs!!!

This past week I was able to attend an advanced training on Adobe InDesign - which is the topic of the modules I am creating for 681.  I learned so much about InDesign that I didn't know and I am trying to be very careful about "product dumping" on the audience of my intro module. 

Well time to get back to storyboarding (for work), catch you in week nine of the summertime!

Ahh rhyming, don't judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment