Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week Nine & Beyond

Greetings from Crunch Time!

Since Week 8 we had a few more review sessions and was able to see everyone's projects progress as the deadline got closer.  The computer I was building my project on was replaced, luckily I was able to save my files - the bad news was that it took forever for our purchasing department to reinstall Captivate on my machine.  In the meantime I downloaded Captivate 6, which is pretty cool except it is not backward compatible.  So in 18 days when my trial expires, my module will be frozen in its current state forever.  Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste between versions of Captivate so at some point I will have to recreate the module entirely.  This isn't a terrible thing, though since I have learned quite a bit since I started building the module and will the rework as an opportunity to perfect some techniques.

Capturing the simulations of InDesign were tricky.  For some reason the videos were capturing extra frames that didn't even show up during the recording, but once it was added to my project these phantom frames popped up and could not be covered.  After a bit of fooling around I figured out how to minimize the appearance of these frames and then was able to delete the slides it did show up in.

I did have a few issues while recording audio, for some reason no matter what headset I used and where I tried to record there was always an echo that didn't occur in the audio recorded a week earlier.  Eventually I reverted back to my audio safety net of Adobe Soundbooth.  I was able to record the last few pieces of audio in 15 mins using the amazing internal microphone on my macbook.

Macbook Mic - 1  Logitech Fancy Schmancy Headset - 0.

As things are winding down the next post will cover our final session and the great work put forth by my classmates!



No comments:

Post a Comment