Saturday, August 18, 2012

Loose Ends

This semester in 681 was a great opportunity to gain enough experience with Adobe Captivate that I will be able to open the software in the future and be able to start a project without much review or direction.  While the two day Adobe sanctioned course I took was great, it was only two days so a lot of what I learned was somewhere between my memory and my notes.  By focusing on Captivate for 12  weeks I able to take what I had learned in both classes and hone those skills over a period of time which certainly will help my retention of content.

Our final class session was the final project review, where each student shared their project while other classmates listened to the dialogue between student and professor and also was able to observe the module.  I was able to get my project together in time and there weren't really any last minute mistakes that I missed before uploading to the server.  However, remember how long it took me to create those photoshopped multi-action buttons?  Well I took all that time but then saved them incorrectly, so while my presentation clickable button appear grey I would have preferred they the purple buttons which appeared as the default buttons.  Ultimately, I would like to go back in and update the buttons; I realized it is a simple yet time consuming task and I needed to ensure other parts of my project were suitable for submission.

During our final session I was able to view a few projects created by my classmates.  I really liked the way one student used the Slidelet tool to highlight their navigation buttons.  I have thought about replacing the zoom used to highlight specific tools with the Tool Bar with the slidelet.  I want to compare both and see which produced a clearer capture of the tool, as I found the Zoom tool to be a bit grainy.

Another of my classmates used images in their quiz by way of the matching question.  In the left column were the names of the paintings and in the right images of each painting, allowing the participant to drag and drop the images to it's name.  I thought this would be interesting to see if I could make the left column an image and then have participants drag the definition of the tool to the image of the tool they would see within InDesign.

Overall, I think it this semester has given me the opportunity to become comfortable working in Captivate which in turn will allow me to use Captivate successfully at work to create innovative training solutions for our internal clients.

Next semester I'm taking Project Management and the Principles of Training & Development (required course) - hopefully those classes will give me something to share with you all via this blog.

Until Then!

PS.  I can't forget about the Upcoming Races widget over there -->
Tomorrow night is the Boordy 5k I'm excited to run like the dickens through this field.  What I'm not excited for is the hilly, terrible, fabled Annapolis 10 Miler next weekend - let's hope it hurricanes!

No comments:

Post a Comment