Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 5 (and a Thunderstorm delay)

Happy Belated 4th of July!  A few updates before we get into what was covered during Week 5.  



  • Quickly after my Week 4.5 post, I figured out that I was supposed to post my Analysis Report & Objectives to the discussion board.  This synchronous class thing is a strange bird and hopefully I can get the swing of it before the semester ends.  
  • Due to the serious thunderstorms that kicked off our nation's birthday Week 6 was postponed.  Luckily I somehow avoided the storm and any side effects that were going on.  So I took advantage of my time at the beach and enjoyed an impromptu "spring break".  

Week 5 was an exciting time in Captivate.  We were introduced to pointers, buttons, and highlights, we able to practice with each, and even took some time to learn how to do custom buttons.  I am planning on doing one or two custom buttons for the 'home' and 'quiz' function of my InDesign tutorials, that will mainly depend on my ability to find acceptable images from Fotolia.  Fotolia is the stock image site we use at my company and I suspect it may not be the best stock image site out there, but I'm not the one who pays the bill.  

Since deciding to pursue the InDesign module, I spoke with the Training Manager to let her know the new deliverable that will be available to her team.  I'm pleased to say she was excited and hopefully it will be a valuable tool to expand the facilitators skill sets.  

Well, its time to keep on storyboarding!  

Catch you at the end of Week 7!

Cortney




No comments:

Post a Comment