Friday, June 22, 2012

Week Four

In Week 4 we finished up a few exercises in Captivate and then spent the majority of our class in Photoshop.  We were able to create a banner using 3 different photos and a bit of text.  Additionally, we were introduced to .jpg and .png files.  Over the past few months I have learned that .pngs are my best friend; not only do they interface with Captivate and become part of the file, but .pngs are also how I am able to insert images, logos, wheels, etc. with no background color, so the image is able to lay seamlessly over the background. 

You may noticed on the left hand side of this page there's a box listed upcoming races.  This idea made PERFECT sense when I thought I had decided to create the running module for my project.  So as I sat and tried to write my Rationale and Target Population, I began to realize that perhaps the running module was not the best choice, but we'll keep the race countdown for accountability reasons (and because I like it!).  Ultimately, I have decided to go ahead and create a module on basic text edits in Adobe InDesign.  So next on my plate is to finish up my Analysis Report and begin my storyboards (I've already been storyboarding in my head for a few weeks, so this should be easy peasy).

Next week we are scheduled to cover buttons, pointers, and highlights.  I'm excited for this lesson and am hoping to have some of my custom buttons developed my next Tuesday so I can work those into my practice exercises during class.

Not only am I up to my ears in Captivate, but so is Sophie!  Speaking of ears, aren't hers the best?!?!?

I told everyone about Soph on the first night of class & promised she'd be featured in an assignment or two over the semester, so hooray for following through!


Welp, until next week!


Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment